If I had a world of my own everything would be nonsense. Nothing would be what it is because everything would be what it isn't.

Follow me :)

Pageviews

Sunday, 4 June 2017

Getting Sectioned...


Just over a year ago I got sectioned. It was a blessing in disguise. For too long I felt like I had no idea who I was, loosing my grip on reality and control of myself.

There is such a stigma attached but if you can go to hospital for a broken leg, a failing liver, a diseased heart then your brain just like any other organ in the body can get ill too.

Admitting it to yourself and other people is the first step in recovery rather then self medication.

Temporarily escaping only pushes those demons aside not get rid of them. Its only a matter of time before the darkness over powers you.


Having a close network of friends and family has been important as they were able to recognise how deep I had fallen off the edge for I couldn't see it myself.

"Strength doesn't come from what you can do. Strength comes from overcoming the things you thought you couldn't"

It can be a real struggle living in a body that fights to survive with a mind that tries to die. There is no shame in admitting you need help. It's good to realise you're not alone as there are other people out there going through the same. Same thoughts, same fears, same difficulties.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...